Suppliers are facing major challenges in the automotive industry. Price pressure continues to increase as OEM purchasing departments professionalize and levels of competition among the suppliers grow. Rising uncertainty stemming from the most drastic changes to ever affect the industry further exacerbates the market climate. How can automotive suppliers successfully approach topics such as digitalization, autonomization, and electrification, under such difficult conditions?
For decades, Simon-Kucher has supported automotive suppliers in achieving profitable growth despite adverse circumstances. Our solutions are tailored to the specific challenges of the industry and cover all revenue-side levers, from strategy to pricing and sales. We help our clients overcome obstacles in both the original equipment business and the independent aftermarket. Our client base ranges from specialized medium-sized companies (“hidden champions”) to the industry’s large generalists.
Typical Simon-Kucher projects in the original equipment business:
- Systematically identify growth areas and future markets
- Develop successful and sustainable competitive strategies
- Determine value-based target prices for innovations and software products
- Professionalize change management processes to increase margins
- Standardize and optimize acquisition and negotiation processes, including support tools
- Increase sales efficiency by refining sales processes and interfaces
Typical Simon-Kucher projects in the independent aftermarket:
- Optimize go-to-market strategy and develop sustainable eCommerce approaches
- Optimize list prices for large-scale product ranges
- Develop effective and internationally coordinated price and trade term systems
- Segment customers and create segment-specific sales approaches